Follow Bangladesh produces and exports a large quantity of high quality tea. Most of the tea plantations are situated in the northeastern areas of the country,...
Kantaji Temple at Kantanagar,is a late-medieval Hindu temple in Dinajpur, Bangladesh. This Temple near Dinajpur town was built in 1752 by Maharaja Pran Nath of Dinajpur. The temple, a 50′ square three-storeyed edifice, rests on a slightly curved raised plinth of sandstone blocks, believed to have been quarried from the ruins of the ancient city of Bangarh near Gangarampur in West Bengal from where the now stolen Radha-Krishna idols are said to have been brought. It was originally a nava-ratna temple, crowned with four richly ornamental corner towers on two storeys and a central one over the third storey. Unfortunately these ornate towers collapsed during an earthquake at the end of the 19th century.
Every inch of the temple surface is beautifully embellished with exquisite terracotta plaques, representing flora, fauna, geometric motifs, mythological scenes and an astonishing array of contemporary social scenes and favorite pastimes. The Maharaja’s palace with relics of the past centuries and local museum are worth a visit.
The outer walls of the temple contains the terracotta Ramayana, Mahabharata and various legends. The whole house has a 15,000-like terracotta tile. In three steps up to the top of the temple. All around the inside of the pagoda can be seen through the arch. Rectangular courtyard of the temple, but to stand up to 50 feet above the base of the stone temple square. The ground floor is the entrance of the vault grooves. Two brick pillars are separated by pillars, pillars, two very beautiful and rich decoration. At the top of the stairs to the balcony on the west side of the house out. 7 out of 21 on the ground floor and second floor of the vault door, however, there are only 3 to the third floor.